Reasons for vitamin deficiencies:
- Age: as you age you produce less stomach acid and digestive enzymes making it more difficult to absorb nutrients from your diet.
- Antacids: these medications reduce stomach acid leading to lower amounts of nutrients being absorbed.
- Inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract: food intolerances, chronic infections, IBS, SIBO, and inflammatory bowel disease all cause inflammation in your intestines. If your intestines are inflamed it is hard to absorb nutrients.
- Autoimmune disease: inflammation in the body leads to deprecated nutrients, you are using more nutrients than you can absorb them.
- Diet: a diet lacking in adequate nutrients can lead to deficiencies, our food contains less nutrients than it did in the past, making it more difficult to get enough.
- Medications: almost all medications cause nutrients deficiencies, for example metformin depletes vitamin B12
Improving your nutrient status is associated with:
- Restoration of health
- Enhanced collagen production
- Improving energy
- Improving metabolic function
- Increasing longevity
- Revitalizing mitochondrial function
- Enhancing detoxification
- Improve hormone balance
Myers’ Cocktail: improves energy, improves collagen production, improves overall wellness.
- The Myers’ Cocktail may help with:
- Immunity boosting
- Collagen production
- Reduction in fatigue
- Sports performance enhancement
- Improves energy
- Improves nerve function
- Aids in relaxation
- Improves and balances hormones
Glutathione: major antioxidant in the body, provides antioxidant protection, promotes detoxification, brightens the skin and fortifies the immune system. Levels of glutathione have been shown to diminish with age as well as with chronic illness and poor health.
- Functions of glutathione include:
- Protects cells from free radical damage
- Brightens the skin
- Improves cellular function
- Aids in the recovery process
- Acts as a universal toxin binder
- Promotes detoxification
Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD+): critical for mitochondrial function, improves chronic fatigue, improves memory and cognition.
- Anti Aging and neurogenerative
- NAD and NAD+ occur naturally in the body. They play a major role in the chemical process of generating energy. NAD+ is the most important co-factor for improving mitochondrial function. Mitochondria are intracellular organelle (the energy powerhouse of the cell) where micronutrients are converted to energy rich ATP molecules for the cell. NAD helps the liver break down fats that are essential to provide energy for the body. Boosting NAD+ may help manage a wide spectrum of disease, ranging from diabetes to cancer. When NAD is given intravenous, some research has shown it can improve:
- Mental clarity